Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake - Womens Weekly recipe

My dear Aunt Nana had borrowed me her beloved Women's Weekly Cookbook. It was so full with delicious yet not-so-hard-to-make cakes that I got really confused as to which I should choose.




But after a lot of flipping thru I ended up choosing this recipe. I had some cream cheese in the fridge. Just bought extra the other day. The only thing was that this cake required walnuts. I skipped that out coz I wasn't sure if the children will like it.
But the texture of this cake is so soft and moist. You have to try itto taste it yourself.
Picture of the cake from the cookbook.
Lets look at the ingredients.


125gm packaged cream cheese
60gm butter
1/2 cup (110gm) caster sugar
1/2 cup (100gm) firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup (60gm) chopped walnuts or pecans- I didn't put
3/4 (180 ml) milk
1 cup (150gm) plain flour
1/3 cup(50gm) self-raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powr
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda


Method:
1. Heat your oven to 175c.
2. Grease deep 20cm round cake pan,line base with parchment paper (I used a 8"x8" baking pan)
3. Sift flour, soda of bicarbonate and cocoa powder.
4. Beat cheese, butter, sugars and egg in medium bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
5. Stir in nuts, milk and sifted dry ingredients in 2 batches.
6. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes; turn onto wire rack to cool.
9. You can make chocolate ganache and pour over it if you want.
Before applying the topping.

Done
~Bon apetite~

No comments: