Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cream Cheese Brownies - Martha Stewarts recipe

It was such a busy Saturday yesterday. I was actually cooking from early in the morning untill about 10 at night!
Started the day with Nasi Berlauk Ayam and Sambal tumis Sotong kering then moved on to baking this brownies and baking a Carrot Banana Cake. While doing that started on my lunch menu that was Soto ayam with Nasi impit. Although I had 2 lunch invitations I had guests in the house so I had to cook before I left. My sis-in-law came from Kedah. Then 2 of my nieces studying in UKM  came too.


Then after Maghrib it was the making of my signature dish,the Baked Macaroni and last but not least Cinnamaon rolls. My nieces in Kedah had been asking me thru their mum so that I make something for them.


I hope they like my Cinnamon rolls. I know I do. Hahaha. Enough of that. Lets see the ingredients for this extremely delicious brownies recipe that I git from Martha Stewarts website. I have made brownies so many types,tried 5 recipes all together but only now realise that I haven't updated any of them.


I copy pasted this recipe. Please read it thoroughly first before starting to make them. I have numbered the directions steps for easy viewing.


Ingredients


10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4 ounces cream cheese, room-temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs




Directions


1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Brush a 9-inch square baking pan with butter. Line bottom and two sides with a strip of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the two sides. Butter paper, and set pan aside. In a small bowl, whisk 1 cup flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3.Place 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter and chocolate in a large heat-proof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water.
4.Heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes; remove bowl from pan.
5.Add 1 1/4 cups sugar; mix to combine.
6.Add 3 eggs, and mix to combine.
7.Add 1 cup flour and cocoa mixture; mix just until moistened (do not overmix).


Prepare cream-cheese mixture:
1.Whisk cream cheese with 2 tablespoons room-temperature butter.
2.Whisk in 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
3.Alternately spoon chocolate batter and cream-cheese mixture into pan; with the tip of a paring knife, swirl to marble.

Marbled before going into the oven
4.Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 50 to 60 minutes. ( I only baked it about 35 mins though and the top was already browned )
5.Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Using paper overhang, lift brownies out of pan; transfer to a rack to cool completely (still on paper). On a cutting board, using a dampened serrated knife, cut into 16 squares.

Baked, cooled and cut






Mmmmm... So delicious! Try baking them yourselves.. I'm sure your vhildren will love them. I know I did. Hehehe.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: