I had been eying to make this cake ever since I came across it.Chocalate Cake with Mayonnaise?It couldn't be more weirder for me at first.I've made cakes using buttermilk,and sour cream and yogurt but never with mayonnaise.So I said why not give it a try...
Actual recipe here.
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Whisk the flour,cocoa powder,baking powder,bicarbonate of soda, put aside.
- In another bowl put mayonnaise,castor sugar,condensed milk,egg,hot water and vegetable oil.Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.Mix well.Just don't overmix it.
- Place in a 9" square baking pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Let it cool on a rack before you put the topping.