Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chocolate Oil Cake

I was going to my mums house yesterday morning.My Mak Tok has moved over to her house again and I was eager to meet her.I wanted so bad to bring something along.But every recipe I came upon had an ingredient that I didn't have at hand in the house.And I was so lazy to go out to the shop so early in the morning.I got so frustrated coz time was running out and I wouldn't be able to bake anything if I take more time looking for a recipe.
I don't know why but I take a longer looking for a recipe than making the the cake itself.And it happens almost all the time coz I will usually make different recipe each time.Sigh...!
Then I found this recipe and was I sooo happy coz it required ingredients that was available in the house.But I made a few minor alterations to it and it worked wonders!It makes quite a big cake.You can half it if you want.The actual recipe doesn't use egg or butter.
Lets check it out...

Ingredients
2 cups white sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups water + 1 egg (I added this.I place the egg in a measuring cup and added water till it became 2 cups.You can ommit this if you want)
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tbsp sour cream (I added this coz I love the effect of adding it to my batter.Its optional)

Process:
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
3. Add water,egg,sour cream, vegetable oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
4. Beat by hand until smooth.
5. Pour into a 9x13 inch pan.I used a round 9" baking pan.
6. Bake 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.


For the topping I used;
 1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 tbsp butter/ margerine


I love the cracks.

The toppings dripping...

A slice.Yummy...


No comments: