Thursday, June 14, 2012

Laura Vitale's Chocolate Chip Muffins


Actually I made these muffins earlier than my Chocolate Muffins but didn't have time to post it.Can't remember the occasion for baking them either.Fact is I don't bake for a reason.I do it coz I love baking.But of course I will make sure that there will be others to finish them up.Or else...You know what will happen.Ahaks.
This recipe is by far the best muffin recipe I've tried so far.Its from Laura Vitale.I do believe the sour cream plays a special role in making these muffins soft and fluffy and delicious.
Should I say more?I don't think so. You guys really need to try them.
Ingredients:
2 cups of Flour
1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
½ tsp of Salt
1/8 tsp of Ground Cinnamon

1 12 cups of Milk Chocolate Chips

2/3 of a cup of Whole Milk
½ cup of Melted Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp of Sour Cream
2 Eggs
½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
Process:
1) Preheat your oven to 175 Celcius. Line a paper cups in a  muffin pan, set aside.

2) In a small bowl mix together the first 4 ingredients and set aside.

3) In another small bowl add the chocolate chips and half a cup of the dry ingredients mix and toss to make sure each piece of chocolate chips are coated in the flour mixture.

4) In a large bowl mix together the remaining ingredients until combined. Add the dry ingredients and just mix to combine but not over mixing. Using a spatula fold in the chocolate chip mixture and make sure they are evenly spread out through out the batter.

5) Using a large ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly in the prepared muffin pan.

6) Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
See how the chocolate chips runs through the muffins and doesn't just fall to the bottom?Awesome!



No comments: