Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sakinah Omar's Chocolate Muffins

I was having guests over yesterday morning.
What to bake?What to bake? 
Baking something will always pleases my guests.Especially those who have been tortured watching fotos of food I baked on FB. Huhuhu...
The least I can do is make them something when they come over.

I looked up for a chocolate muffin recipe but didn't find something that would suit my taste.
So I made my version of chocolate muffins which was an in between of Laura Vitale's Chocolate Chip Muffins and Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Chips Muffins.

I must say among all the muffin recipes I've tried I just love Laura's recipe.And I have to admit that my muffin was superbly delicious. You just have to try them!
I ran out of chocolate chips so I only threw  as bit as toppings.But have it in the dough would be absolutely awesome!

Ingredients:
1 3/4  cups of Flour
1 Tbsp of Baking Powder

1/3 cups of Cocoa

2/3 of a cup of Whole Milk
½ cup of Melted Salted Butter
2 Tbsp of Sour Cream
2 Eggs
½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup of Brown Sugar

1 tsp coffee+1 tsp warm water
1 1/2 cups of Chocolate Chips 


Process
1) Preheat your oven to 175 Celcius. Line a paper muffin cups on a muffin pan, set aside.

2) In a small bowl sift  the flour,cocoa and baking powder then set aside.

3)  In another small bowl add the chocolate chips and half a cup of the dry ingredients mix and toss to make sure each piece of chocolate chips are coated in the flour mixture.
4)  In a large bowl mix together the remaining ingredients until combined. Add the dry ingredients and just mix to combine but not over mixing. 
5)   Using a large ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly in the prepared muffin pan. 

6)   Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Don't they look awesome?
Love the chocolate chips on top of it.

No comments: