Friday, October 28, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Cake (with cream cheese)

Assalamu'alaikum and a woonderful Friday to everyone!
I've found so many apple cake recipes lately that I had to try one today. So I got myself a packet of Granny Smiths apples from Mydin. Called my Aunt Nana first just to makw sure I got the right kind of apple. Thempn chose this recipe out of tge mny apple cakes recipe that I found. Don't ask me why I chose this.
But I'm very satisfied with my cake. Its moist and soft maybe because of the cream cheese in it. And its full of apples! So lets take a look at the ingredients.
I took the recipe from myrecipes.com

My pictures always take the taste out of the food.Huhuhu...But believe me,its delicious!

A pice of the cake.You can see the chunks of apple in it.


Ingredients
1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup stick margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened (about 3/4 cup)
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups chopped peeled Rome apple (about 2 large) - I used 3 medium sized Granny Smiths apples
Cooking spray - You can just butter and flour it.

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar, margarine, vanilla, and cream cheese at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 4 minutes).
3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
6. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
7. Combine 2 tablespoons cinnamon mixture and apple in a bowl, and stir apple mixture into batter.
8. Pour batter into an 8-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
9. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan.
10. Cool the cake completely on a wire rack, and cut using a serrated knife.

Note: You can also make this cake in a 9-inch square cake pan or a 9-inch springform pan; just reduce the cooking time by 5 minutes.




Ready to be eaten.Yum..Yum!

~Bon appetite~

No comments: