Sunday, October 9, 2011

Carrot Banana Cake - Womens Weekly recipe

This is a recipe that I tried making from my Aunt Nana's Womens Weekly Quick Mix Cakes. Tye recipes in this book uses basic ingredients and is so easy to make.
I had carrots and bananas so it seemed ti be the best choice to make.
But I put extra bananas that it turned ot to be like the Malays 'Bengkang Pisang'. But still the combination of carrots and spices gave it a special taste to it.


Lets see the ingredients. 
You will need about 2 over-ripe medium bananas and about 200gm carrots for this cake.


90gm butter chopped
1 cup (220gm) raw sugar ( I used granulated sugar )
1 1/2 cups (225gm) plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3/4 cup mashed banana
1 cup finely grated carrot firmly packed
3/4 cup (90gm) walnut or pecan pieces


Method
1. Grease 14cm x 21cm loaf pan ( I used a 9"x9" baking pan ). Cover base with baking paper.
2. Combine butter,sugar,egg,flour,soda and banana in medium bowl in beat with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are combined.
3. Then,beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth and changed in colour. Stir in carrots and nuts.
4. Spread mixture in prepared pan.
5. Bake in moderate oven about 1 1/4 hours. ( I googled and found out that a moderate oven is about 180c. But I only baked it about 45 minutes and it was already done ).




6. Stand a few minutes before turning onto a wire rack.


I just sprinkled some icing sugar on top of it for decoration


Cream cheese brownies and Carrot banana cake that I made yesterday.

No comments: