Thursday, June 2, 2011

Irish Apple Crumble

Assalamu'alaikum everyone.
I just want to share today a dessert recipe that I made for tonights dinner.My  son Salman's birthday had already passed but we couldn't celebrate or anything coz he was in boarding school.So tonight,besides my Baked Spaghetti and Savoury muffins (which did not turn  out so good but not too bad) I made apple crumbles.After seeing how to make it earlier ~where else if not on Youtube~ I gave it a go.


This is the recipe I used.
Pastry dough to fit an 8-inch pie pan
Ingredients:
4 medium Granny Smith or Red Delicious apples, peeled,    cored, and coarsely chopped ( I used Red Delicious.I cored them,cut them on two then sliced them)
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 tablespoon of castor sugar (I used brown sugar)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened


Method:
  1. Preheat the oven .
  2. In a pan, mix together the apples, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon.Cook over slow heat for a while.
  3. In a bowl, mix together the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the butter. Work these ingredients together with a fork until you have a crumbly mixture.( I used my fingers)
  4. Place the apple in your baking pan.Spoon the crumble over the apple mixture so that the apples are completely covered. Bake for 25 minutes.

Eat it with ice cream.Preferabbly vanilla ice cream.My son bought this by mistake.
~Bon appetite~









No comments: