Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

My hubby just got me a new stand mixer yesterday.Its not one of those big Kitchen Aid mixer.Just a Cornell stand mixer which we got fairly cheap at SenQ after redemption.So I thought of giving it a try.Since Salman was going back to his hostel and one of my ex-student was also in the house and going back to her college,I decided to make some choclate chip cookies for them to take with them.
So lets not waste time and see the ingredients.
Actual recipe I took fromBetty Crocker.


Ingredients:

3/4cup granulated sugar
3/4cup packed brown sugar
1cup butter or margarine, softened
1egg
2 1/4all-purpose flour
1teaspoon baking soda
1/2teaspoon salt
1cup coarsely chopped nuts (I didn't put)
2 cups  semisweet chocolate chips


Method:
  1. Heat oven to 175ÂșC.
  2. Mix sugars, butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
  3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.(I used parchment paper)
  4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

No comments: