Thursday, November 10, 2011

Maple Carrot Cake

I had carrot cake cravings again!
But I wanted to make cupcakes instead.My last attempt was a disaster so I was very cautios in choosing a good recipe and making it carefully.
Alhamdulillah I was very satisfied when this Carrot cupcake turned out just the way I wanted and better!
Its so moist and fluffy and the maple syrup gave a speacial taste to it.not to mention the cream cheese topping with walnuts sprinkled on top.Just lovely!
I made just a few minor additions to the actual recipe which I got from Allrecipes.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 3 cups grated carrots
  • 1/2 cup raisins (my own addition)

  • FROSTING:
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Isubstituted this with lemon zest)
  • Chopped walnuts

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and syrup. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
  2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
  3. For frosting, combine cream cheese, butter, syrup and vanilla in a mixing bowl; beat until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with nuts if desired.( I did!Hehehe )


My muffin pan could only fit 9 paper cups so I placed them in these instead  so I could bake more  in 1 time.

Done!

The cream cheese topping just compliments the carrot cake.



~Bon Appetit~



No comments: