Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chocolate Yogurt Cake

I was in my baking-mood this morning. I wanted something chocolatey with chocolate chips. Don't start giving me that face... Its the time of the month OK?!
So I searched high and low. Ahaks. Just until I find something that I can do that is not too hard yet will give me good results. I had bought yesterday a bucket of yogurt so I went Chocolate yogurt cake hunting! And I came across this recipe. But I attempted a slight difference. I baked them in two pans and layered them with creamy chocolate frostings.The cake was not really fluffy.But it was moist enough for me.Went well with the frostings. Yummy!
No special reasonfor making it today. Just made coz I wanted to. You should do it too.
Lets check out the recipe.

2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick), softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


1. Prepare your baking pan. Butter and dust it with flour. I used 2 8" pan for this cake since I planned to make it double layered.

2. Sift 2 cups of flour and 2/3 cup of cocoa together with the baking soda; set aside.



3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.



4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the vanilla. (sorry I forgot to snap a photo for this step ).

5. Add the flour mixture, alternatively with the yogurt, in three parts.Do not overmix.




6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.



7. Bake in a preheated 180c oven for 25 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.



8. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a rack to cool completely.




I then made some frostings for the cake.The recipe is as follow: I got it from Creamy Chocolate Frostings recipe from Allrecipes after a long search for the ultimate frostings. Hehehe.And I was very satisfied.


  • 2 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 5 tablespoons evaporated milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, sift together the confectioners' sugar and cocoa, and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth, then gradually beat in sugar mixture alternately with evaporated milk. Blend in vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. If necessary, adjust consistency with more milk or sugar.
Lovely...Umamah and a friend who came by;Husna were licking this topping out from the mixing bowl.
Inside view
~Bon appetit~

Adapted from here.

No comments: