Saturday, November 12, 2011

German Apple Cake

Lately since I started to bake many types of cakes,I always find that guests to my house kinda of expect to have a taste of my cakes. So I didn't want to dissappoint my friend from Kelantan who came over with her family yesterday. As usual I would browse for lengthy hours sometimes just to choose which recipe to try. I have this habit of always trying a new recipe every time I bake. Its very seldom for me to do a recipe twice even if I really liked it. I just want explore all possibilities. Ahaks.

Since I had already bought some apples the day before I searched for a simple carrot cake yet appealing to my eyes. Hehehe.
This is the recipe I chose today. Very simple. Yet so delicious. Its moist and dense. An the cinnamon just goes well with the apples. I especially like to see the apple chunks in the cake. The contrast colour is really eye catching.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/german-apple-cake-i/detail.aspx

Ingredients

2 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups apples - peeled, cored and diced




Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch cake pan. I used a 22" spring pan.
2. In a mixing bowl; beat oil and eggs with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat well.
3. Combine the flour salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon together in a bowl. Slowly add this mixture to the egg mixture and mix until combined.
4. The batter will be very thick. Fold in the apples by hand using a wooden spoon. Spread batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until cake tests done.
6. Let cake cool on a wire rack. Once cake is cool serve with a dusting of confectioners' sugar or with a Cream Cheese Frosting. I passed this. It was still delicious. Besides it was already sweet.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: