Sunday, July 3, 2011

Chocolate chip muffins(2)

Assalamu'alaikum everyone and a very good morning.
Yesterday was a family outing day.My dear husband had cancelled his late morning class and we planned to head to SMI Hira' Jeram where Salman is studying to pick him up to attend a wedding.So I made 2 recipes of muffins for munching along the way.This is the second batch I baked.I post the first batch later.I've just gone muffin crazy nowadays.Always looking around for new recipes and trying them out.But so far savoury muffins don't attract any fans from anyone in the house.I've tried them twice but I find that I'm the only one eating them.Enough of all my ramblings.Lets see the ingredients and method that I got from allrecipes.com
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar



Directions

  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
  3. Fill cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoon brown sugar.
  4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.

No comments: