Monday, May 14, 2012

Chocolate Yogurt Cake

My eldest son Muaz is returning to his hostel this evening so I decided to bake a cake for him to eat with his friends later. I happened to buy a box of yogurt so I chose to do this recipe.
And I am very happy I did. It was so simple preparing the batter and the cake turned out so soft,fluffy and moist! Definately will do it again. Highly reccomended!I got it here.

1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Dutch processed cocoa(I just used local cocoa)

2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup Dutched processed cocoa (I just used local cocoa)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick), softened
1.5 cups sugar
2 eggs
1.5 cups plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Mix 1 tablespoon of flour with 1 teaspoon of cocoa and dust inside of a greased 9-inch bundt or tube pan with this mixture, shaking out any excess.

2. Sift 2 cups of flour and 2/3 cup of cocoa together with the baking soda; set aside.

3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.Beat in the eggs, one at a time.

4. Add the flour mixture, alternatively with the yogurt, in three parts.Do not overmix.

5. Stir in the vanilla.

6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.I used a bundt pan.



7. Bake in a preheated 175c oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.

8. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a rack to cool completely.

You can serve it with seived icing sugar or pour chocolate ganache over it.


It rose high.
Added some chocolate ganache

My sweet toothed Umamah was the first to take a bite.
Its so soft and fluffy and soft. Yummy!
Will definately use this recipe again.

No comments: