Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Paula Deens Red Velvet Cuppies


I had'nt been well throughout last week.I thought the dizziness I was having was due to my lack of sleep.My cough was so bad it always disturbs my sleep.But when the dizziness got worse and I was having imbalance and blackouts I went to the clinic and found out it was BPPV( Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo).
Finally on Friday evening after watching some videos to how to overcome the problem I followed the exercise and instantly felt better.Alhamdulillah.
And guess what I did when I felt better?
Bake...what else?Hahaha.
Had some cream cheese in the fridge so I decided to make Red Velvet Cuppie.tried Paula Deens recipe and method which turned out to be the easiet I've tried so far.And the taste?Out of this world!So delicious!
I brought it to my mums the next day and everyone enjoyed them.


2   large eggs, room temperature
1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cocoa powder (I used 2 tbsp since I wanted in to be a little more chocalatey)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 
2 tablespoon red food coloring 
1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract



  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cupcake papers. 
  3. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. 
  4. In a large bowl gently beat together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla with a handheld electric mixer.(I just used my whisker)
  5. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.
  6. Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake tins about 2/3 filled. 
  7. Bake in oven for about 20 to 22 minutes, turning the pans once, half way through. Test the cupcakes with a toothpick for doneness. 
  8. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
See how easy it is?Prepare dry ingredients.Then prepare wet ingredients then cpmbine them together.Just like when you make muffins


For the cream cheese frostings I used a recipe from Allrecipe.



  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.

I love the size of these cupcakes
I poked a hole in the middle of the cupcake.Then nozeled into it some of the creamcheese frosting.And the bit that I cut out I used it to decorate the cupcakes.Used a strainer to make the into small pieces.
Just lovely!


No comments: