Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Chocolate Brownies Cupcakes

My car was still in the workshop so I had to ask a friend to pick up my girls. Trying to be thanksful for her deed I decided to make a sweet treat for her and her daughter Humaira who is Umamahs best friend too.

I don't know why I have this bad habit of wanting to try a new recipe almost everytime I want to bake something. So AGAIN I went recipe hunting trying to find a recipe that fits the ingredients available in my bakery cupboard. Finally I found a video on this recipe and I chose to try it.At this moment I'm typing this entry,the brownies which I made in a muffin pan is smelling wonderfully cocoalicious.

You know that wonderful smell of cocoa in the oven right? It smells good. I bet it tastes good too. Lets check out the ingredients. Very simple and basic ingredients only.

1/2 cup butter 1 cup white sugar
2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

 For the frostings.
3 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners' sugar

 Directions
 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
 2. Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
 3. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter.
 4. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
 5. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder.
 6. Spread batter into prepared pan.(I put my batter inyo small muffin pan 3/4 full)

 7. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.


 To Make Frosting:
Combine 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.

No comments: