Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Roasted Banana With Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls

I haven't been cinnamon rolling for some time now. Missed it.Hehehe.
But I wanted to try something different after founding a recipe for a chocolate cinnamon roll recently.
But then I found this recipe that used roasted banana.Sounded interesting.So I bought some bananas.
These kind.
I had all the other ingredients available.And this time around I used high protein flour a.k.a. bread flour.And it turned out to be extra soft and fluffy.

For roasting the bananas the ingredients are as follow:
2 ripe bananas cut into 1/4 inch slices
2 Tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  Place banana slices and cut up pieces of butter into a small baking dish.  Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.  Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.  Next, use a fork to smash roasted bananas until well combined

You can see the method from Pinky Palate.
I used my Cinnamon rolls recipe 2 .You can check it out here.
I replaced the usual raisins with roasted bananas and chocolate chips.ut less cinnamon than I usually use too.
The rolls got bigger after I left it to proof.

Yummy.
~Bon appetite~


No comments: