So I want to share this recipe with you guys.Its moist and not too sweet.The only thing I would add are some coffee granules which I forgot to put in.I believe coffee really brings out the umph with anything cocoawiy.(Am not sure there is such word) Hehehe.And I left out the baking powder from the actual recipe that I got from www.taste.com.au coz I don't feel its necessary.Lets check this out.
Ingredients:2 1/3 cups of flour2 tbsp cocoa powder1 tsp bicarbonate of soda1 1/2 cups castor sugar1 cup buttermilk (the usual 1 tbsp vinegar plus milk to fill 1 cup will do)3/4 cup vegetable oil2 eggs3 tsp red food coloring2 tsp white vinegar1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 170 C.
- Sift flour,cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.Stir through the sugar.
- Whisk the buttermilk,oil,eggs,vinegar and vanilla in a large bowl until combined.
- make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour the wet ingredients.
- Stir until just combined.Stir in the food coloring
- Divide into your paper cups and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
|Love the Bright Red color I got from Bake With Yen.Turned out great!|
|First batch I didn't use paper cups.Not a good idea.|
|This one turned out to be better.|
|They really rised!|
|Always a hit! |