Saturday, September 7, 2013

Red Velvet Cupcakes from taste.com.au


Assalamualaikum guys,My preggie niece came over our house early this week and she was craving for Red Velvet!as I only recently baked an RV cake I decided to make cupcakes instead.And as usual I just love searching and try out new recipes.


So I want to share this recipe with you guys.Its moist and not too sweet.The only thing I would add are some coffee granules which I forgot to put in.I believe coffee really brings out the umph with anything cocoawiy.(Am not sure there is such word) Hehehe.And I left out the baking powder from the actual recipe that I got from www.taste.com.au coz I don't feel its necessary.Lets check this out.
Ingredients:2 1/3 cups of flour2 tbsp cocoa powder1 tsp bicarbonate of soda1 1/2 cups castor sugar1 cup buttermilk (the usual 1 tbsp vinegar plus milk to fill 1 cup will do)3/4 cup vegetable oil2 eggs3 tsp red food coloring2 tsp white vinegar1 tsp vanilla extract
Method
  1. Preheat your oven to 170 C.
  2. Sift flour,cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.Stir through the sugar.
  3. Whisk the buttermilk,oil,eggs,vinegar and vanilla in a large bowl until combined.
  4. make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour the wet ingredients.
  5. Stir until just combined.Stir in the food coloring
  6. Divide into your paper cups and bake for 20-25 minutes.
  7. Cool completely before frosting. 
Love the Bright Red color  I got from Bake With Yen.Turned out great!
First batch I didn't use paper cups.Not a good idea.
This one turned out to be better.
They really rised!
Always a hit!
~Bon apetite~



No comments: