Saturday, September 7, 2013

Moist Chocolate Cupcakes- Super Easy- Budget

Assalamualaikum everyone.
I was in a hurry to take my daughter Syaima' to the school she was supposed to have her UPSR in next week.But I had guests coming in the afternoon so I quickly browsed for a chocolate cupcake recipe that used ingredients that I already have at home.
Met this recipe from food.com.
It was super easy.The ingredients were cheap.But the result was phenomenal.With the extra topping I had left from previous baking,it literally melted in my mouth.

I made some minor alteration with adding in coffee granules to the batter which always brings out the cocoa taste.Mixed it in warm water with the cocoa to infuse the cocoa taste too.
Lets go over the ingredients.

Ingredients.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup warm water ( I  added 1 tsp of coffee granules and then dissolved it with the cocoa powder  into it)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vinegar

Method

  1. Mix all ingredients well with a mixer or a wooden spoon.I just used a wooden spoon.Worked just fine.Just make sure that its smooth and lumps free.
  2. Bake 150 for 20 minute.(My oven is usually extra hot thats why I lower the temperature.Normal baking calls for 175 Celcius)
I know its a bit messy.My girl helped to put the topping.Never mind.The taste is amazing anyways.



For the frosting I used.
200 ml heavy whipped cream
200gm cooking chocolate

Heat the whipped cream and pour it over the chopped chocolate.Leave for a while then stir untill well mixed.Leave it to cool before topping your cakes.


No comments: