Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cake

I was cleaning up the kitchen cupboard this afternoon when my eyes lay on the mixer that my husband bought for me a few months ago.Suddenly I had the urge to bake!

What an awkward time!I had taken out almost everything from the cupboard but left it as it is and took my iPad.I searched for a bookmarked recipe.I used to do a lot of recipe-hunting before.And put them into folders so it was easy to grab a recipe when I wanted to.
And I chose this recipe.I uses sour cream and I didnt have any sour cream at home but I was still determined to make it.

I measured 1 cup of evaporated milk and added 1 tbsp of vinegar to it and left it aside.That was going to be my sour cream.Hehehe.
It was so easy to make and the batter was so soft and airy and it made so excited.
And the result?You just have to taste it for yourself!
Moist,soft and fluffy.And the chocolate chips really boosted the taste




½ cup unsalted butter, softened-I only had Buttercup so I used that
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
¼ cup canola oil
1 cup sour cream (not low fat)-I used 1 tbsp vinegar+1 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt-I only put 1/2 tsp since the butter was already salty
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Pre-heat oven to 175C .
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Add the eggs, oil, sour cream and vanilla.
4. Sift together the baking soda, salt, baking powder and flour.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well (but don’t over mix – remember, too much mixing makes eggs tough).
6. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and blend in the chocolate chips.
7. Grease  Bundt pan or an 8" square baking pan.
8. Pour the batter into the pan. Smooth the top with a rubber spatula.

The soft batter

9.Bake for 35-45 minutes.

In the oven it goes.

10.Use a cake tester to check for doneness. The tester should come out clean.
11. Cool in the pan for ten minutes and then turn out onto a cake plate.

This is upside down.look at all the chocolate chips.Yummy!

Done! ~Bon Appetite~
The actual recipe said serve, or allow to cool to room temperature, cover and serve the next day.But mine didn't stay for long coz I cut half into small cuts and brought it to Syaima' who has Qiyam at her school tonight.A quarter for my Aunty and the rest for me and Umamah to indulge.Yummy!
You can see the actual recipe here.

No comments: