Saturday, April 21, 2012

Easy Brownies with Almond Nibs

My ex student called up saying she was coming over with a friend of hers. I had only just arrived from KL at that time and was not feeling too well. I went to the kitchen and took out the butter and left it on the counter. I needed a nap before I can start anything. I thought of baking a marble cake since the ingedients are all available in the kitchen. But after my nap,I decided to make brownies instead. And as usual, I seldom make 1 recipe twice. And after recipe-hunting for a while I chose this recipe. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/absolutely-best-brownies/detail.aspx
Seems easy. And I always check the reviews first for any recipe I try. And this has good credits to it.
Lets check out the ingrdients first without any further delay.

1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)- I used almond nibs

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 175 C.
2.Grease and flour an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan.
3.In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar.
4.Add eggs, and mix well.
5.Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
6.Mix in the vanilla and stir in walnuts if desired. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
7.Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are firm. Cool before cutting into squares.

No comments: